Welcome to my daily photo blog!

I spend a lot of time taking reference photos for my landscape paintings and photos of interesting things in my daily life. I decided to do a blog of these pics. Hope you enjoy them!

Please take a look at my Maine Landscape painting blog and website below.



Saturday, September 4, 2010

After Hurricane Earl, Split Rock Beach, New Brunswick


Hurricane Earl left a beautiful gift at Split Rock Beach near Gardner Creek, New Brunswick this afternoon, a rainbow!  The light was incredible, completely changing every few minutes and huge waves.  The beaches here are so quiet and barely a soul to be seen for miles.  The rock is reddish purple orange or blue green or purple gray.  Some beautiful smooth reddish beach rocks have a white stripe around them.  The water was not too cold, but the waves too wild for swimming.